Photo courtesy of Rueben Krabbe
With a week of skiing under our belts, it’s shaping up to be a winter season like no other. Not only is there a new Crystal chairlift spinning, but we are excited to welcome an entirely new community of skiers, snowboarders and winter-goers to the resort.
As the global pandemic continues, outside activities have been proven to be the safest way to have fun without increasing the spread of COVID-19. And with reduced international travel, there is a significant increase in domestic visitors who have purchased properties or booked long stay rental options to enjoy a winter closer to home.
Still feeling a bit anxious? Here are five reasons to enjoy a safe winter experience at Sun Peaks Resort this year!
- Safety is the priority. From resort operations to village restaurants and everything in between, our community has been working tirelessly over the last several months to establish a safe winter environment for you and your family. From physical distancing, to elevated signage, reduced ticket sales and more, we have created a safe, enjoyable atmosphere for you to experience.
- Distancing made easy. There are more than 4,200 acres of skiable terrain on three mountains with 137 trails. And that doesn’t include the close to 40 km of groomed and track set cross-country ski trails. All of this terrain makes it easy to stay away from people. Plus, with limited day tickets available, think about the epic lines you’ll get on a powder day.
- No transit needed. Did you know the vast majority of properties at Sun Peaks are either ski-in/ski-out or both? That means you don’t have to worry about shuttles and other group transportation options to get you to the lifts or home at the end of the day. No shuttle means avoiding close proximity with others when you’re simply trying to go skiing. No stress here, folks! And speaking of stress…
- Stress free. Let’s face it – this has been a stressful year. But we also know that stress is relieved when you spend time outside. Studies show that nature boosts endorphin levels and reduces stress hormones. Grab your gear and let’s have a stress-free winter!
- Safe socializing. Many of us are dying for some social interaction beyond our household and sometimes, just being in the vicinity of others can help ease the feeling of being house bound. Skiing, snowshoeing, enjoying après ski outside…all of these activities can allow you to reconnect with friends and community members in a safe way without compromising anyone’s health and wellness.
And don’t forget, there is still time to purchase a winter vacation property and get settled in before the season really gets buzzing.
Check out our latest listings and reach out to set up your virtual shopping session with one of our team members.